- Shiv Chanderpaul, Jimmy Adams, Courtney Walsh, Brian Lara, Clive Lloyd & Lloyd Jodah -Chanderpaul Induction in Hall of Fame
For 2011 the most important event for cricket in the USA & Canada was TV Asia’s agreement with American College Cricket, & the televising of its matches which began in Oct 2011.
For 2012 it was the entry of the world’s top brand, Coca Cola, as a sponsor of American College Cricket. Here is a summary of 2012
- Reza Rehman (York U) selected to play for Canada. York University’s Khushroo Wadia & Rustam Bhatti played for Canada in 2011
- Adil Bhatti (Montgomery) selected to play for the USA
- first South West Championship, hosted on by Texas A & M Aggies on their campus,who then took the # 1 Ranking. Texas Tech & West Texas A & M made long trips
- Arkansas State University Red Wolves joined American College Cricket, & the team got coverage on ASU TV.
- teams named, and televised Draft on TV Asia of teams for the National Championship – the previous year the Draft was webstreamed
- Iowa State Cricket Club got great recognition in the Iowa State Daily.
- one of the biggest events in the history USA cricket happened when American College Cricket/TV Asia secured Coca Cola as a major sponsor. It was the first time a major USA brand was sponsoring the game domestically.
- Shiv Chanderpaul met with Lloyd Jodah in NYC, prior to the National Championship.
- Indiana University Cricket Club met Yuvraj Singh in Indiana, where he was receiving treatment for cancer.
- TV Asia, with a crew of 30, televised the Semis & Finals of the American College Cricket Spring Break Championship at a level comparable to International cricket, & other televised American sports. This followed the 6 matches televised in Oct 2011 which were the first ever in USA & Canada
- first large scale use of Crichq scoring app in USA & Canada, at the National Championship
-York College won national Championship & Shiv Chanderpaul Trophy. Got celebrated by York College President Marcia Keizs
- Sai Ramesh (USF) named Championship MVP
- American College Cricket Advisory Board member Ravin Moorthy became Cricket Canada’s President.
- Vijay Pappu is named UF Gator sports clubs’ ‘Scholar Athlete of the Year’
- Auburn Cricket Captain Naveen Thiagajaran went on a NASA Zero Gravity flight
- Penn State Cricket Club won the Most Improved Club Award, given by Penn State
- members of York College Team were honored at a Beauty Pageant in NYC
- Kartik Radhakrishnan is named “Male Athlete of the Year” at Virginia Tech (from 31 clubs).
- Arkansas Razorbacks joined
- Ball State University joined
- Amir Saddiqui named a Coach for American College Cricket
- Crichq & American College Cricket announced partnership to revolutionize scoring & stats in USA & Canada
- Buckeyes Cricket Club named “Club of the Year” at Ohio State University.
- All Canada team named
- Alumni teams now eligible to play American College Cricket tournaments as “Special Guests”
- University of Fraser Valley joined
- Harvard University joined
- Adrian Gordon (NYU-Poly) started his contract to play in England for the summer, practiced with West Indies & England teams
- Princeton University joined
- American College Cricket President Lloyd Jodah with Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, attended opening of NYP United Cricket season
- LIU-Brooklyn joined American College Cricket. Club President Sandeep Devarshetty met NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly. Club in NY Times & its college media.
- University of Alabama joined
- York University participated in a cricket day at Black Creek Village
- Northeastern University joined
- India Day Parade on Madison Ave, NYC.: American College Cricket’s Lloyd Jodah & players ride with Anil Kumble,
& the ICC T20 World Cup Trophy on the Espn float. For 2nd year TV Asia float featured American College Cricket.
- University of Memphis Tigers joined
- Claremont Colleges joined
- Mid West Championship for the Gordon Gee Trophy : first time ever cricket was televised from a college campus.Romel Somavat OSU, 116
- full season of American College Cricket began on TV Asia, every Sat at 7 pm.
- North East Championship for the Deryck Jodah Trophy. Haider Ali hit 119 – the first century on TV in USA & Canada.
- first South Central Regional took place. Murali Ankaraju (Memphis) hit 131.
- 124 years after the challenge was issued, Yale played Harvard in cricket.
- Mid Atlantic Championship took place at the British Officers Cricket Club in PA. Adil Bhatti (MC) 80*
- most Colleges had their Club Sports Day, & our Clubs, including Embry Riddle & Iowa State, took part
- great video made by Boston University Cricket Club & featured in BU media.
- South East Championship happened ; Krunal Bhange (USF), 127*
- Raza Rehman (York U) was MVP for Canada vs USA series. Adrian Gordon (NYU-Poly) Adil Bhatti (MC), Ryan Corns
(Houston) & Mital Patel (Rutgers) played for USA
- Boston University featured BU Cricket & American College Cricket on its Homepage in a remarkable action Banner
- Shiv Chanderpaul launched the College Cricket Hall of Fame at Press Conference in NYC
- Shiv Chanderpaul became First Inductee into College Cricket Hall of Fame at Event in NYC also honoring
Brian Lara, Courtney Walsh, Clive Lloyd & Jimmy Adams.
- College Players of the Year, & Newcomer of the Year named. Other Awards to follow
Articles on all of the Highlights can be found on our website
Follow us on Twitter @CollegeCricketU