Points, Format & More

The Drawing of the Groups will be televised on TV Asia on Feb 26 at 10.30 pm & on Feb 27, at 7.30 pm .

The 2 Semi finals games & the Finals (on March 18) will be televised by TV Asia, plus there will be reporting from all the matches by TV Asia cameras.

Entire team must be aware of the points system & rules. We will give you updates periodically, here are some important details, more to follow:

Teams will play pool-play in 4 Groups, from which the Top 2 teams of each group (based on points) will make the Playoffs: the QuarterFinals, final four & Finals.

In the Quarter Finals, the # 1 team in Group A vs # 2 team in Group D, # 2 team in Group B vs # 1 team in Group D , # 1 in Group B vs # 2 team in Group C, & # 2 team in Group A vs # 1 in Group C. – the winners will be the final four.

POINTS

Win = 7 pts.
Run rate of 7.5 = 1 bonus pt
Run rate of 10 = 1 bonus pt (additional)
Losing all wickets results in a forfeiture of all Bonus pts.

Bowling a Team out = 1 bonus pt.

Loss = 1 pt

OFF THE FIELD PERFORMANCE

The invisible state of the game in the USA & Canada is cricket’s biggest challenge and from the beginning in 2009 American College Cricket has been focused on raising the profile of the game. Social Media is a major part of that – and all of you can play a part, easily, now & throughout the year.

Because of the lowly position cricket is at in USA & Canada, its not enough to just play, you MUST promote. Bonus points will be awarded to teams that promote American College Cricket & your Club in the Media :

1. for posting AmericanCollegeCricket.com articles on Facebook, Twitter Google + & other social media. Anyone may send me Friend Requests.

2. for getting publicity in your student media or college website, or media outside of school,at Homecoming etc. If your team has a section on your school’s website, get AmericanCollegeCricket.com put as a link.

Engage the Student Associations, like the Desi, Caribbean SAs etc, & give them the info about your Club & American College Cricket. If they support us, they have a better chance to be on TV Asia.

EVERY player, & member of your Club MUST “like” the AmericanCollegeCricket.com Fanpage on Facebook.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
It is important that we approach cricket as a SPECTATOR sport. So no wasted time on the field, below are rules to move the game along.

Games will be 3 hours in length,maximum. Each 20 overs must finish in 80 minutes, except for injury or TV timeouts. To ensure this be aware :

1. New Batsman must be at the wicket (striker or non-striker end) & be ready for next delivery in 90 seconds – or batsman will be timed OUT.

2. Between overs change & Field setting – delay of game may be called by Umpires, or off-field Manager.Penalty may be a Free Hit given to batting team for each incident.

3. Delays by batsmen, such as long consultations, could result in loss of a delivery (Umpire reduces over by 1 ball)

4. Water – to be taken at fall of wicket, lost ball, or end of over . Person bringing water must at least jog onto field, & game must not be delayed.

5. Every member of ALL teams must be present at the Stadium on March 18.

Any of above rules are subject to change at the discretion of American College Cricket.

Posted by ljodah | 2012,Nationals,NEWS,Universities