American College Cricket teams may officially begin registration for the Midwest, Northeast and the Great Plains regional Championships.
The dates are:
Midwest - Oct 1 & 2, in Ohio. Champion – Purdue University
- will be played in and around the OSU campus for the Gordon Gee Trophy.Gordon Gee is President of Ohio State University, and on the Advisory Board of American College Cricket.
Great Plains – Oct 1 & 2 in Iowa
- will be played on the University of Iowa campus
Northeast – Oct 8 & 9 in NYC. 2010 Champion – Rutgers University
- will be played in NYC
Registrations must be emailed by Club Presidents to Lloyd Jodah, American College Cricket President – Dogevpr2@aim.com.
Please cc your Club Executive, including the Secretary, Treasurer and Captain.
Participation in the regional Championships is a pre-requisite for the nationals, the 2012 American College Cricket Spring Break Championship. The top teams will qualify for the nationals, to be held at the ICC ODI Certified Cricket Stadium in Ft Lauderdale.
Filming of our TV show – the “American College Cricket TV Show” will be done during the regional Championships, and will feature players.
For players wishing to begin a team at your college, in the USA and Canada, contact Lloyd Jodah.
STANDARD PROCEEDURES: As in all our Championships since 2009 the following rules apply for teams :
1. Team Composition : Students of the college only – though a maximum of 2 alumnus are allowed in the playing XI *
Students can be Undergrad, Grad, PhD & post-Doctoral Fellow.
Each team must have a minimum of 3 Undergrad students (except Thunderbird, a Grad school).
2. your club must be a Club Sport, or the process begun. If it is not, contact Lloyd Jodah for guidance
3. PROMOTION : without promotion of the game it would be “invisible cricket” with no value. As always American College Cricket is focused on making cricket visible in the college and mainstream media – all players, all teams are expected to do their part.
*except where school rules do not permit.